babyTEL offers it's team members a great opportunity to stay on the leading edge of the new technological innovations in their field of work and play an important role in exciting projects shaping the future of the telecommunications industry. babyTEL provides a competitive salary and benefits package & the potential to expand your career. We are located in the heart of downtown Montreal (near the metro and train stations).
If you are a passionate, innovative & enthusiastic candidate, you’ll find babyTEL’s culture to be exciting, challenging and rewarding. Come work for one of the technological leaders in today’s telecommunications carrier market.
Driven by innovation and a passion for the future, babyTEL Inc. (www.babytel.net) is a growing provider of fully featured VoIP Telephone Service, as well as mobile & social applications and is well positioned in the emerging Internet Telephony market.
Assignment and roles:
• Works closely with different departments and management team on projects related to the design, development, deployment, monitoring and evaluation of new products and services
• Assist in the review, analysis and evaluation of deployed solutions
• Review and elaborate migration plans for systems and network equipment infrastructure including site backups and recovery processes.
• Plan, deploy and maintain highly available networking equipment and optimized it for VoIP/FoIP
• Troubleshoot VoIP issues including compatibility, performance and quality of service
• Install, test, troubleshoot, monitor and support different VoIP equipment in our labs and production network.
• Review and optimize security on systems and network equipment
• Assist and provide 3rd level support to operation and support team on complex networking and VoIP issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or a related field
• 7 years + of experience in networking and VoIP technologies
• Security and networking certifications is an asset
• Solid experience in IP switching and routing technologies and network equipment
• Hand-on in high available hardware/software and virtual environments
• Strong knowledge and experience of SIP based VoIP protocol and various VoIP equipment.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in testing and debugging.
• Proficiency with the Linux (administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring, scripting) and virtualization technologies
• Programming knowledge is an asset
• Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills